Your Four-Time Elected Legislature Representative, works diligently for our families, jobs, communities, the economy and responsible choicesfor our Montana.
Tom Berry is the Right Choice for our Musselshell County Commissioner
• Conservative Native Montana Values
• Experienced and Connected Legislator
• Business Background and Ranching
• Budget Wise and Priority Awareness
• Understands our County’s Big Picture
• Legislation against illegal drugs
• Legislation against RX drug abuse
• Emergency Call Center Funding
• City of Roundup Grant
• Roundup Schools Grant
• Business Tax Break
• Balanced Budget with Reserves
• City and County Water Project Grants
• Property Rights Protection
Always voted for Treasure State Endowment (TSEP)
(These funds come from Coal Severance Tax)
- City of Roundup Water Project 2015 $500,000
- Musselshell County W&S Project in 2013 $450,000
Roundup Water Project in 2011 $500,000 Supports Law Enforcement
- Carried Legislation to curb prescription drug abuse and doctor shopping
- Carried Legislation to curb dangerous synthetic drugs
- Revised 911 call center funding for immediate access Supports Roundup and the Entire Musselshell County:
- Got Musselshell County’s Tim Schaff on the Montana Coal Board
- Carried legislation increasing coal board funding, resulting in:
- City of Roundup receiving a $500,000 grant
- Roundup Schools receiving a $500,000 grant
- Signal Peak Mine tax break for coal washing, thus increasing their competitiveness in the global market
Voted to Reduce Tax
- Reduced State Income Tax
- Reduced Business Equipment Tax
- Reduced Workers Compensation rates
- Stop Increase of Employment Tax due to Natural Declared Flood Disaster that helped Busy Bee Café.
Voted for a Balanced and Smart Budget
- For a Balanced state budget in 2015, leaving $450 Million in reserves
- For a Balanced state budget in 2013, leaving $300 Million in reserves
- For an Infrastructure Bill which would have allowed Roundup and Musselshell county to apply for grants
Other Smart Votes for our Community
- For a Grant to Repair Deadman’s Basin Dam Spillway in 2011
- For a Grant to Repair the Musselshell Diversion Dam for Deadman’s Basin water source in 2013
- To Protect Property Rights, preventing property corner crossings
Nicole M. Borner Musselshell County Commissioner backup elect Due to Voter Disappointment
From Nicole M. Borner-County Commissioner posted via Facebook
There is a danger to democracy. The intimidation of special interest groups espousing one side of an issue, playing on the emotions of the public by misrepresenting facts and selling propaganda. Consequently, creating instability to the economy and disrupting the ability to establish sound policy that will benefit our country as we navigate the issues that affect our lives, economies and environment.
I could reach into a bag and pull out any number of threats, real or perceived to our democracy. I’m talking about the real danger advanced by the systematic misrepresentation of facts and the calculated choice of presenting one extreme side of an opinion, with the very real intent of a predictable outcome: The destruction of the coal industry and the death of communities.
It is time we speak out against untruths and misrepresentation of facts.
Signal Peak Energy’s safety record and their stewardship of the Bull Mountains proves their commitment to excellent best business practices. In 2015 SPE received 266 inspections from Mine Safety and Health Administration (MSHA) and currently worked 980 days without lost time accidents. Despite the March 5th Billings Gazette opinion letter that purposefully misrepresented facts, Signal Peak Energy has received no violations from DEQ in the last five years.
Signal Peak Energy provides good paying jobs and pays 36.3% of Musselshell County’s real and personal property taxes. Signal Peak Community Foundation is a generous supporter of our youth, volunteer-civic organizations, hospital and to our city and county. During the historic 2011 flood, SPE provided invaluable help to the county by donating equipment in order to repair critically damaged roads and paying for a helicopter to get miners to and from work. Musselshell County is proud of our mine. We couldn’t ask for a better neighbor.
The Sierra Club, Norther Plains Resource Council (NPRC) Montana Environmental Information Center (MEIC), Montana Elders for a Livable Tomorrow (MELT), have in this instance, systematically refused to acknowledge the vital connection the coal industry has to the economic health of our nation, state and communities. They purposefully forget that it takes FOSSIL FUELS to build the windmills and solar panels and ship them to designations. Do they think if they shut down extractive mining in the United States that it will just “go away”? Do they not realize the mining will continue in places where there are no regulations? And in the long run, that it is more harmful to the earth? These environmental groups ‘burn it to the ground’ agenda and refusal to acknowledge we don’t yet have a comprehensive solution to the loss of affordable energy, loss of revenue, loss of good paying jobs and to the death of communities is reckless and irresponsible.
Nicole Borner – backup elect Due to Voter Disappointment
Tom Berry Simply gets it done.
Native Montanan Tom Berry,your Four-Time Elected Legislature Representative, works diligently for our families, jobs, communities, the economy and responsible choices for our Montana.
He is the Right Choice for our Commissioner.
Musselshell County Commissioner Candidate Tom Berry
Tom Berry filed to run for Your Musselshell County Commissioner office, for the 2016 elections.
“Our Musselshell County needs a Montanan Native, an experienced Leader and County-Wide Dependability in the office” says Berry.
Also running are John Dallas Teini for County Commissioner (Republican), and Wendy Beye for County Commissioner (Republican).
Learn more about the Musselshell County Election announcements and voting information on the Your Musselshell County Website.
The 2014 Montana election results on June 3rd revealed that three-term incumbent Tom Berry would serve a fourth term as a House District 40 Legislative Representative. Berry’s victory over Ray Gorham was 1245 to 824 votes.
Gorham Lie #1
“Tom Berry is anti-gun”
Absolutely False: I am for the right to bear arms, am an NRA Member, own a concealed weapons permit, and voted for 4 important gun Bills including Castle Doctrine.
Gorham Lie #2
“Tom Berry voted for only onetax cut”
Absolutely False: I voted for SB96 to Eliminate Business Tax for small businesses. I also co-sponsored HB 334 for a 20% reduction in Workers Compensation rates. I sponsored HB 261 that Reduced Unemployment Insurance for businesses hit with a natural disaster such as the Busy Bee Cafe.
Gorham Lie #3
“Tom Berry only voted for increased regulation”
Absolutely False: I sponsored HB363 giving Real Estate Less Oversight from the Dept. of Labor. I also sponsored HB432 giving State Charter Banks Less Regulation. I sponsored HB533 for less regulation on Otter Creek Coal permitting process.
Gorham Lie #4
“Tom Berry voted to fundabortion providers”
Absolutely False: I voted for HB2, the Appropriation Bill (vote was 100 to 0 “for” theBill). The Bill included funding for title X which explicitly states funds cannot be usedfor abortion.
Gorham lie #5
“Tom Berry voted forObamaCare”
Absolutely False: The Bill introducing ObamaCare (Medicaid Funding) Died in the House of Representatives, so ObamaCare (Medicaid Funding) was never voted on.
“Tom Berry voted for allowing Sheriff’s Depts. to use armed drones (SB150)”
Absolutely False: This was a Senate Bill that Died in the Senate for lack of votes. I serve in the House of Representatives, so I never voted on that Bill at all.
Gorham Lie #7
“Tom Berry stole myCampaign signs”
Absolutely False: Ray Gorham put his signs in a Montana “Right of Way”, so the State Dept. of Transportation took them down. Ray Gorham also put signs on Private Property (Trespassing) without permission, resulting in Landowners pulling the signs.
I could go on and on …
Want more of Gorham’s Lies?
Is Ray Gorham who you want representing you in Helena—a desperate, first-time and misleading candidate who will do anything to get into Office, including lying about his opponent’s voting record?
To Whom It May Concern:
Our dad, Tom Berry, is running as the incumbent for House District 40. This is our dad’s fourth campaign, and my brother, Ryan, and I have never before written a letter to any paper on his behalf. However we now feel obligated to write due to the misleading propaganda being put out by Ray Gorham and his campaign against our dad. Mr. Gorham has brought our family’s tragedy into his campaign and is exploiting it to make political hay that our dad is anti-gun. Our father is extremely pro-2nd Amendment. He, we, and our families, are avid gun sportsmen and hunters, and we believe in the right to self-defense. Tom Berry taught my brother and I about gun safety and had us target shooting when were just waist-high. In fact just yesterday, May 11th, he took my husband and our little boys shooting for the afternoon. To say he is anti-gun is just plain wacky.
So where does Mr. Gorham fit into all of this? He is trying to tie the murder of our dad’s son, and our 17 yr old half-brother, Steve Berry, to Tom Berry’s supposed anti-gun stance. I was shocked last night to read these statements on Mr. Gorham’s website, “I’m truly sorry for his [Tom Berry] loss, but that doesn’t justify having a bad record on gun control…” That is just mind-numbing, but furthermore what the heck is he even talking about? It appears that Mr. Gorham is using the loss of Steve to gun violence (he was killed by a drug dealer in Glendive in 2000) as some weird evidence that our dad is an anti-gun zealot. Ryan and I take insult to this ridiculous leap of twisted logic, and we are disgusted that Mr. Gorham would bring this family tragedy into the campaign to try and support his outright lies. It is shameless, classless, and not something I would expect from a true Montanan. But then again Mr. Gorham isn’t from Montana, is he? According to his website, he has spent most of his life in his native Canada, other countries around the world, and the state of California. I guess this latest tactic shouldn’t surprise me. Why don’t you try to keep it honest and clean, Mr. Gorham? This is politics at its lowest.
Michelle Weiland, Billings, MT
Ryan Berry, Lewistown, MT
Dear Voters, Between now and June 3rd, you may receive a flyer from Dark Money Groups, Extremists who do not want me re-elected.
Please disregard the distorted and inaccurate information contained in the flyer about me and my voting record.
If you want the truth, please call me at 698-3940 or email me at email@example.com.
• Sponsored a prescription drug registry Bill to eliminate “doctor shopping” by prescription drug abusers who illegally-obtained multiple prescriptions for addictive drugs such as Oxycontin and Fentanyl (HB 83)
• Sponsored a Bill banning synthetic marijuana and Spice drugs which caused hallucinations, threatening the safety of our youth (HB 185)
• Sponsored a Bill revising coal leasing laws on state-owned lands for a more flexible, productive and pro economy process (HB 533)
• Sponsored a bill to revise the 911 Call Center Law to unclog critical funding that small communities like Shepherd and Roundup depend (HB 575)
• Served on a committee to rein in out-of-control medical use of marijuana (SB 423)
• Sponsored Bill giving Community Banks more latitude in banking, less regulation (HB 432)
• Voted on Bill eliminating tax on office equipment for small businesses, less regulation (SB 96)
• Sponsored legislation helping small businesses affected by federally- declared disasters, so unemployment insurance does not increase, such as the Busy Bee Cafe (HB 261)
Chairman of the powerful house business and labor committee in 2013 legislative session